What is involved in Public Procurement
Find out what the related areas are that Public Procurement connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Public Procurement thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Public Procurement journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Public Procurement leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Public Procurement related domains to cover and 131 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Public Procurement, Illegal immigration, Call for bids, Standstill period, Foreign trade of India, Trade sanctions, Fair trade, Index of international trade topics, European Union law, Emissions trading, World Customs Organization, Bulgarian border barrier, Export-oriented industrialization, Economic integration, Executive agency, Trade bloc, Trade mission, Import license, Monetary union, Gravity model of trade, Public eProcurement, World Trade Organization, Import substitution industrialization, Single market, Agreement on Government Procurement, Trade restriction, Customs war, Non-tariff barriers to trade, Best value procurement, Public Procurement, Crown Commercial Service, Trade justice, Economic nationalism, Open Contracting Data Standard, Department of Finance, Foreign trade of Romania, Economic union, Quota share, Trade costs, Economic geography, Voluntary export restraints, Public procurement law, Small and medium enterprise, Electronic commerce, Boyko Borisov, Timeline of international trade, Customs union, Commercial policy, Trade and development, Leontief paradox, Politics of Iceland, Fiscal union, Northern Ireland Executive, Trade agreement, Import quota, Bulgarian Parliament, Tariff-rate quota, Trade finance, New trade theory:
Public Procurement Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Public Procurement risks and transcribe Public Procurement as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Public Procurement. How do we gain traction?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Public Procurement?
– How do we maintain Public Procurements Integrity?
Illegal immigration Critical Criteria:
Examine Illegal immigration projects and improve Illegal immigration service perception.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Public Procurement?
– Is Public Procurement dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Call for bids Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Call for bids results and do something to it.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Public Procurement process?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Public Procurement objectives?
– What about Public Procurement Analysis of results?
Standstill period Critical Criteria:
Reason over Standstill period risks and ask questions.
– Are assumptions made in Public Procurement stated explicitly?
– Who will provide the final approval of Public Procurement deliverables?
– Are there recognized Public Procurement problems?
Foreign trade of India Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Foreign trade of India decisions and integrate design thinking in Foreign trade of India innovation.
– To what extent does management recognize Public Procurement as a tool to increase the results?
– How can you measure Public Procurement in a systematic way?
– What are the long-term Public Procurement goals?
Trade sanctions Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Trade sanctions results and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Trade sanctions.
– Is Public Procurement Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What will drive Public Procurement change?
Fair trade Critical Criteria:
Shape Fair trade decisions and handle a jump-start course to Fair trade.
– What are current Public Procurement Paradigms?
– Are there Public Procurement Models?
Index of international trade topics Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Index of international trade topics strategies and assess what counts with Index of international trade topics that we are not counting.
– In the case of a Public Procurement project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Public Procurement project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Public Procurement project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What is our Public Procurement Strategy?
European Union law Critical Criteria:
Depict European Union law governance and research ways can we become the European Union law company that would put us out of business.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Public Procurement delivery for example is new software needed?
– Are accountability and ownership for Public Procurement clearly defined?
Emissions trading Critical Criteria:
Face Emissions trading adoptions and cater for concise Emissions trading education.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Public Procurement products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Public Procurement requirements in detail?
World Customs Organization Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on World Customs Organization projects and define what do we need to start doing with World Customs Organization.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Public Procurement product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Public Procurement processes of our organization?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Public Procurement effort?
Bulgarian border barrier Critical Criteria:
Focus on Bulgarian border barrier planning and grade techniques for implementing Bulgarian border barrier controls.
– Think about the people you identified for your Public Procurement project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Do we monitor the Public Procurement decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Can we do Public Procurement without complex (expensive) analysis?
Export-oriented industrialization Critical Criteria:
Steer Export-oriented industrialization decisions and describe which business rules are needed as Export-oriented industrialization interface.
– Which customers cant participate in our Public Procurement domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Does Public Procurement appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Economic integration Critical Criteria:
Frame Economic integration leadership and give examples utilizing a core of simple Economic integration skills.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Public Procurement experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How do we Lead with Public Procurement in Mind?
Executive agency Critical Criteria:
Value Executive agency results and find the essential reading for Executive agency researchers.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Public Procurement objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Public Procurement leaders?
– Why should we adopt a Public Procurement framework?
Trade bloc Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Trade bloc strategies and stake your claim.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Public Procurement workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Does Public Procurement create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Public Procurement that make it risky?
Trade mission Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Trade mission management and get going.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Public Procurement leader?
– How do we keep improving Public Procurement?
Import license Critical Criteria:
Explore Import license goals and point out Import license tensions in leadership.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Public Procurement project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Public Procurement project lifecycle?
– How do we Identify specific Public Procurement investment and emerging trends?
– Do Public Procurement rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Monetary union Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Monetary union strategies and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Monetary union is getting what it needs.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Public Procurement is underway?
Gravity model of trade Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Gravity model of trade quality and transcribe Gravity model of trade as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Does our organization need more Public Procurement education?
– What are the short and long-term Public Procurement goals?
Public eProcurement Critical Criteria:
Rank Public eProcurement issues and interpret which customers can’t participate in Public eProcurement because they lack skills.
– Can we add value to the current Public Procurement decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Think of your Public Procurement project. what are the main functions?
World Trade Organization Critical Criteria:
Pilot World Trade Organization planning and pay attention to the small things.
– what is the best design framework for Public Procurement organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Why are Public Procurement skills important?
Import substitution industrialization Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Import substitution industrialization goals and look at the big picture.
– Have you identified your Public Procurement key performance indicators?
– Why is Public Procurement important for you now?
Single market Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Single market results and interpret which customers can’t participate in Single market because they lack skills.
Agreement on Government Procurement Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Agreement on Government Procurement risks and define Agreement on Government Procurement competency-based leadership.
– Which Public Procurement goals are the most important?
– Who sets the Public Procurement standards?
Trade restriction Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Trade restriction projects and finalize the present value of growth of Trade restriction.
– Do the Public Procurement decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What threat is Public Procurement addressing?
Customs war Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Customs war issues and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Customs war projects.
– Think about the functions involved in your Public Procurement project. what processes flow from these functions?
Non-tariff barriers to trade Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Non-tariff barriers to trade risks and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What is the source of the strategies for Public Procurement strengthening and reform?
– How do we Improve Public Procurement service perception, and satisfaction?
Best value procurement Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Best value procurement leadership and catalog Best value procurement activities.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Public Procurement with what users do day-to-day?
Public Procurement Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Public Procurement adoptions and gather Public Procurement models .
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Public Procurement models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Crown Commercial Service Critical Criteria:
Own Crown Commercial Service issues and proactively manage Crown Commercial Service risks.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Public Procurement information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Trade justice Critical Criteria:
Gauge Trade justice quality and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Public Procurement values?
– Does Public Procurement analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Economic nationalism Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Economic nationalism management and learn.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Public Procurement process?
– How will you know that the Public Procurement project has been successful?
– How can the value of Public Procurement be defined?
Open Contracting Data Standard Critical Criteria:
Administer Open Contracting Data Standard failures and remodel and develop an effective Open Contracting Data Standard strategy.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Public Procurement goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How can skill-level changes improve Public Procurement?
Department of Finance Critical Criteria:
Add value to Department of Finance engagements and find answers.
– What are our needs in relation to Public Procurement skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Public Procurement Management?
– How will you measure your Public Procurement effectiveness?
Foreign trade of Romania Critical Criteria:
Frame Foreign trade of Romania management and prioritize challenges of Foreign trade of Romania.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Public Procurement in a volatile global economy?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Public Procurement? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Public Procurement moving forward?
Economic union Critical Criteria:
Generalize Economic union governance and catalog what business benefits will Economic union goals deliver if achieved.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Public Procurement agendas for the next 3 years?
– How likely is the current Public Procurement plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Quota share Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Quota share engagements and shift your focus.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Public Procurement?
– How important is Public Procurement to the user organizations mission?
Trade costs Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Trade costs projects and create Trade costs explanations for all managers.
– What are the barriers to increased Public Procurement production?
– Who needs to know about Public Procurement ?
Economic geography Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Economic geography management and get going.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Public Procurement project?
– When a Public Procurement manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Voluntary export restraints Critical Criteria:
Merge Voluntary export restraints tasks and report on the economics of relationships managing Voluntary export restraints and constraints.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Public Procurement process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Public Procurement process available?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Public Procurement processes?
Public procurement law Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Public procurement law engagements and raise human resource and employment practices for Public procurement law.
– Does the Public Procurement task fit the clients priorities?
– Are we Assessing Public Procurement and Risk?
Small and medium enterprise Critical Criteria:
Gauge Small and medium enterprise tactics and optimize Small and medium enterprise leadership as a key to advancement.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Public Procurement processes?
– What are all of our Public Procurement domains and what do they do?
– What business benefits will Public Procurement goals deliver if achieved?
Electronic commerce Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Electronic commerce quality and oversee implementation of Electronic commerce.
– Is the security of electronic commerce services and their secure use ensured?
– What are internal and external Public Procurement relations?
Boyko Borisov Critical Criteria:
Match Boyko Borisov goals and learn.
Timeline of international trade Critical Criteria:
Look at Timeline of international trade planning and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Timeline of international trade projects.
Customs union Critical Criteria:
Discuss Customs union quality and reduce Customs union costs.
– How do we know that any Public Procurement analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Commercial policy Critical Criteria:
Shape Commercial policy decisions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Commercial policy projects.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Public Procurement, including any consulting or professional services?
– How to deal with Public Procurement Changes?
Trade and development Critical Criteria:
Add value to Trade and development tactics and adjust implementation of Trade and development.
Leontief paradox Critical Criteria:
Refer to Leontief paradox leadership and prioritize challenges of Leontief paradox.
Politics of Iceland Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Politics of Iceland issues and develop and take control of the Politics of Iceland initiative.
– Does Public Procurement include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Will Public Procurement have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Fiscal union Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Fiscal union planning and intervene in Fiscal union processes and leadership.
– Is the Public Procurement organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How much does Public Procurement help?
Northern Ireland Executive Critical Criteria:
Review Northern Ireland Executive leadership and look in other fields.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Public Procurement process?
Trade agreement Critical Criteria:
Look at Trade agreement tactics and catalog what business benefits will Trade agreement goals deliver if achieved.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Public Procurement project?
Import quota Critical Criteria:
Grasp Import quota goals and intervene in Import quota processes and leadership.
– Consider your own Public Procurement project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Bulgarian Parliament Critical Criteria:
Recall Bulgarian Parliament risks and perfect Bulgarian Parliament conflict management.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Public Procurement strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Tariff-rate quota Critical Criteria:
Detail Tariff-rate quota failures and report on developing an effective Tariff-rate quota strategy.
Trade finance Critical Criteria:
Adapt Trade finance tasks and budget for Trade finance challenges.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Public Procurement project?
– What is Effective Public Procurement?
– Is Public Procurement Required?
New trade theory Critical Criteria:
Study New trade theory quality and document what potential New trade theory megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– How can you negotiate Public Procurement successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Public Procurement Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Public Procurement External links:
Kentucky Public Procurement Association
MACPP – Mid America Council of Public Procurement
Illinois Association of Public Procurement Officials, Inc
Illegal immigration External links:
Illegal Immigration – Immigration | Laws.com
Illegal Immigration – The New York Times
Most Popular “Illegal Immigration” Titles – IMDb
Call for bids External links:
City of Renton Call for Bids
RFP, RFQ, Call for Bids – Kendall County, Illinois
[PDF]PIERCE COUNTY CALL FOR BIDS BR #28183-A – 8TH …
Foreign trade of India External links:
[PDF]Foreign Trade Of India 1991 2014 – danyang.store
Fair trade External links:
Ganesh Himal Trading Company | Fair Trade from Nepal …
Raven + Lily Fair Trade Fashion + Home
Fair Trade Cafe : Fair Trade Coffee, and Food Maumee Ohio
Index of international trade topics External links:
Index of international trade topics – WOW.com
European Union law External links:
What does GDPR European Union law mean for your …
European Union Law and Policy – Home | Facebook
Center on European Union Law | Fordham
Emissions trading External links:
Emissions Trading Schemes – FASB
What Is Emissions Trading? | Emissions Trading …
[PDF]EMISSIONS TRADING FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
World Customs Organization External links:
World Customs Organization Overview | U.S. Customs …
Bulgarian border barrier External links:
Bulgarian border barrier – pediaview.com
Export-oriented industrialization External links:
[PDF]Export-Oriented Industrialization and the Demand …
Economic integration External links:
[PDF]Theory of Economic Integration – Uniwersytet …
3.4 Economic Integration Flashcards | Quizlet
Economic Integration. (eBook, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
Executive agency External links:
What is an executive agency – Answers.com
[PDF]Executive Agency Legislation Process – Idaho
Government – Donations to a Federal Executive Agency
Trade bloc External links:
Trade Bloc Formation Under Imperfect Competition – …
trade bloc – Wiktionary
[PDF]Trade Blocs and Trade Blocks
Trade mission External links:
Trade Missions – TN.Gov
Title: Trade Mission – Internet Speculative Fiction Database
The trade mission (Book, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
Import license External links:
What is import license – Answers.com
Fireworks Wholesale or Import License – Idaho
How to re-import license file – Symantec
Gravity model of trade External links:
Gravity model of trade and Russian exports – Aalto
Gravity Model of Trade – scribd.com
World Trade Organization External links:
World Trade Organization – Official Site
What is the World Trade Organization? – WTO
World Trade Organization – WTO – Investopedia
Import substitution industrialization External links:
Import Substitution Industrialization – ISI – Investopedia
Single market External links:
Digital Single Market – Home | Facebook
Agreement on Government Procurement External links:
Executive Order 12260: Agreement on Government Procurement
Agreement on Government Procurement
Trade restriction External links:
ROSE Online – News – Trade Restriction Support Changes
http://A trade restriction is an artificial restriction on the trade of goods and/or services between two countries. It is the byproduct of protectionism. However, the term is controversial because what one part may see as a trade restriction another may see as a way to protect consumers from inferior, harmful or dangerous products.
Non-tariff barriers to trade External links:
[PDF]Non-Tariff Barriers to Trade – NYU Stern School of …
Best value procurement External links:
Best Value Procurement – Procurement & Contract …
[PDF]Best Value Procurement under Special Experimental …
Public Procurement External links:
NMPPA – New Mexico Public Procurement Association
Illinois Association of Public Procurement Officials, Inc
Kentucky Public Procurement Association
Crown Commercial Service External links:
UKCloud Ltd | Crown Commercial Service
Crown Commercial Service
Crown Commercial Service Executives, Organizational …
Trade justice External links:
Trade Justice Scotland Coalition – Home | Facebook
Trade Justice | International Labor Rights Forum
Trade Justice Alliance – Action Network
Economic nationalism External links:
Economic nationalism, (Book, 1933) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Nationalism and Economic Nationalism – …
http://bev.berkeley.edu/PE 100/Lecture slides/24 Economic Nationalism.pdf
Economic Nationalism and Globalization|Lessons from …
Open Contracting Data Standard External links:
Open Contracting Data Standard
Open Contracting Data Standard · GitHub
Department of Finance External links:
City of Chicago – Department of Finance – Web Tax
TITLE 70 Department of Finance – CNMI Law
Idaho Escrow – Department of Finance
Foreign trade of Romania External links:
Foreign trade of Romania – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Foreign trade of Romania
Quota share External links:
[PDF]80% Quota Share – OCI Homepage
Quota Share Calculator
Quota Share Treaty Definition | Investopedia
Trade costs External links:
Geography, Search Frictions and Trade Costs
CALIFORNIA: Cap-and-trade costs wielded as weapon in …
Free Trade Costs American Jobs – Newsweek
Economic geography External links:
Economic Geography on JSTOR
Economic Geography India – AbeBooks
Essays in Economic Geography – DASH Harvard
Voluntary export restraints External links:
Voluntary Export Restraints Flashcards | Quizlet
Public procurement law External links:
Public procurement law amended (Ghana) – Asoko Insight
Public procurement law: the basics
Small and medium enterprise External links:
Afghanistan Small and Medium Enterprise Development …
Abia State Small and Medium Enterprise Development. …
Small and Medium Enterprise Techno Fair – 10times
Electronic commerce External links:
Electronic commerce (Book, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
What is Electronic Commerce (ecommerce)? Webopedia …
Electronic Commerce – AbeBooks
Timeline of international trade External links:
Timeline of international trade – Helpified
Timeline of international trade – WOW.com
Timeline of international trade – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
Customs union External links:
EAC Certification for Russia and EU Customs Union
customs union | Britannica.com
Southern African Customs Union – Home | Facebook
Commercial policy External links:
Commercial Policy – cfpnet.com
Trade and development External links:
Wes Watkins Center for International Trade and Development
U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) – Home | Facebook
Domestic and International LNG Trade and Development …
Leontief paradox External links:
http://Leontief’s paradox in economics is that the country with the world’s highest capital-per worker has a lower capital/labor ratio in exports than in imports. This econometric find was the result of Wassily W. Leontief’s attempt to test the Heckscher–Ohlin theory empirically.
http://Leontief’s paradox in economics is that a country with a higher capital-per worker has a lower capital/labor ratio in exports than in imports. This econometric find was the result of Wassily W. Leontief’s attempt to test the Heckscher–Ohlin theory empirically.
Leontief Paradox | political economics | Britannica.com
Northern Ireland Executive External links:
Bulgarian Parliament External links:
Protesters Barricade Bulgarian Parliament – VOA News
Trade finance External links:
Secure Commodity Trade Finance Platforms · Satoshi Systems
Trade Finance Solutions & Supply Chain Financing Support
New trade theory External links:
[PDF]1 New Trade Theory – About people.tamu.edu
RIETI – What is “New” New Trade Theory?
New Trade Theory Essay – 483 Words – studymode.com