What is involved in Bluemix
Find out what the related areas are that Bluemix connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Bluemix thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Bluemix journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Bluemix leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Bluemix related domains to cover and 153 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Bluemix, Zoho Corporation, Cloud computing security, Distributed file system for cloud, Computer network, Serverless computing, SAP Cloud Platform, Microsoft Online Services, Amazon Lambda, Platform as a service, Rackspace Cloud, FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5, Oracle Cloud Platform, Virtual Machine Manager, Data center, Cloud Foundry, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, VMware vCloud Air, Virtual private cloud, HPE Helion, Web API, Apache CloudStack, Cloud computing, Infrastructure as a service, Bluemix, Software as a service, Google Cloud Platform, EMC Atmos, Google App Engine, Abiquo Enterprise Edition, Hardware virtualization, IBM cloud computing, Inktank Storage, Microsoft Azure, Comparison of structured storage software, Virtual appliance, Engine Yard, Software developer, Cloud database, EXo Platform, HP Cloud:
Bluemix Critical Criteria:
Align Bluemix failures and adjust implementation of Bluemix.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Bluemix that make it risky?
– Why should we adopt a Bluemix framework?
– How to Secure Bluemix?
Zoho Corporation Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Zoho Corporation failures and proactively manage Zoho Corporation risks.
– Do we monitor the Bluemix decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– To what extent does management recognize Bluemix as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we keep improving Bluemix?
Cloud computing security Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Cloud computing security strategies and secure Cloud computing security creativity.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Bluemix process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Bluemix process available?
– Does Bluemix appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
– Are there Bluemix problems defined?
Distributed file system for cloud Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Distributed file system for cloud engagements and find the essential reading for Distributed file system for cloud researchers.
– Does Bluemix systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Is Bluemix dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What is Effective Bluemix?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Consider Computer network goals and gather practices for scaling Computer network.
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– How do we know that any Bluemix analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are our Bluemix Processes?
Serverless computing Critical Criteria:
Rank Serverless computing failures and innovate what needs to be done with Serverless computing.
– Do we all define Bluemix in the same way?
SAP Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Differentiate SAP Cloud Platform quality and check on ways to get started with SAP Cloud Platform.
– In a project to restructure Bluemix outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Bluemix processes?
– How can we improve Bluemix?
Microsoft Online Services Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Microsoft Online Services visions and innovate what needs to be done with Microsoft Online Services.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Bluemix. How do we gain traction?
– In what ways are Bluemix vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Bluemix study?
Amazon Lambda Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Amazon Lambda issues and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Bluemix objectives?
– How can the value of Bluemix be defined?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Platform as a service outcomes and report on the economics of relationships managing Platform as a service and constraints.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Bluemix?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Bluemix into the services that we provide?
Rackspace Cloud Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Rackspace Cloud leadership and adopt an insight outlook.
– Does Bluemix include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Bluemix in a volatile global economy?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Bluemix process?
– What is the name of the rackspace cloud service?
FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 Critical Criteria:
Trace FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 goals and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Bluemix?
– Who needs to know about Bluemix ?
Oracle Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Steer Oracle Cloud Platform engagements and tour deciding if Oracle Cloud Platform progress is made.
– What is the purpose of Bluemix in relation to the mission?
– Do Bluemix rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Is Bluemix Required?
Virtual Machine Manager Critical Criteria:
Refer to Virtual Machine Manager visions and prioritize challenges of Virtual Machine Manager.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Bluemix is underway?
– How can you measure Bluemix in a systematic way?
Data center Critical Criteria:
X-ray Data center goals and adopt an insight outlook.
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– An administrator of a virtualized data center is particularly concerned about nic failure. what should the administrator configure to address this concern?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which data center management activity involves eliminating single points of failure to ensure business continuity?
– Which applications are best suited for the internal data center, and which ones make sense for the public cloud?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– Should the dataset be deposited in a national, international or discipline-based data center?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– Does our organization need more Bluemix education?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Why should data center elements be monitored?
Cloud Foundry Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Cloud Foundry visions and assess what counts with Cloud Foundry that we are not counting.
– Are there recognized Bluemix problems?
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides Critical Criteria:
Pilot Google Docs, Sheets and Slides results and observe effective Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Bluemix process?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Bluemix project?
– What will drive Bluemix change?
VMware vCloud Air Critical Criteria:
Interpolate VMware vCloud Air management and triple focus on important concepts of VMware vCloud Air relationship management.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Bluemix project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Will Bluemix deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Virtual private cloud Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Virtual private cloud strategies and develop and take control of the Virtual private cloud initiative.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Bluemix effort?
– Are accountability and ownership for Bluemix clearly defined?
HPE Helion Critical Criteria:
Use past HPE Helion quality and find out.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Bluemix move?
– What about Bluemix Analysis of results?
Web API Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Web API outcomes and pay attention to the small things.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Bluemix objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Bluemix project?
Apache CloudStack Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Apache CloudStack decisions and describe the risks of Apache CloudStack sustainability.
– In the case of a Bluemix project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Bluemix project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Bluemix project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are the key elements of your Bluemix performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How can skill-level changes improve Bluemix?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Recall Cloud computing governance and find the ideas you already have.
– It is clear that the CSP will face a large number of requests from its customers to prove that the CSP is secure and reliable. There a number of audit and compliance considerations for both the CSP and the customer to consider in cloud computing. First, which compliance framework should a CSP adopt to satisfy its customers and manage its own risks?
– Business Considerations. Business considerations include the overall organizational readiness for using cloud computing. Is the application owner willing and comfortable with a cloud platform?
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– Change in technology and prices over time: what will billing units be like for the higher-level virtualization clouds?
– What is the security gap between private cloud cloud computing versus client server computing architectures?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Bluemix? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What new opportunities are either enabled by or potential drivers of cloud computing?
– What are the ways in which cloud computing and big data can work together?
– What are the challenges related to cloud computing data security?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– Will cloud computing lead to a reduction in it expenditure?
– How is cloud computing shaping enterprise communications?
– What are some standards emerging around cloud computing?
– Why is cloud security such a big challenge?
– What are some cloud computing benchmarks?
– Fedramp approved / compliant?
– What is grid computing?
Infrastructure as a service Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Infrastructure as a service strategies and sort Infrastructure as a service activities.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Bluemix information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Bluemix Critical Criteria:
Discuss Bluemix failures and catalog Bluemix activities.
– Which Bluemix goals are the most important?
– What threat is Bluemix addressing?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Software as a service goals and customize techniques for implementing Software as a service controls.
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– What is the source of the strategies for Bluemix strengthening and reform?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Bluemix leaders?
– How do we go about Comparing Bluemix approaches/solutions?
Google Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Frame Google Cloud Platform engagements and intervene in Google Cloud Platform processes and leadership.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Bluemix product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Bluemix workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
EMC Atmos Critical Criteria:
Confer over EMC Atmos quality and learn.
Google App Engine Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Google App Engine tasks and revise understanding of Google App Engine architectures.
– What business benefits will Bluemix goals deliver if achieved?
– What is our Bluemix Strategy?
Abiquo Enterprise Edition Critical Criteria:
Look at Abiquo Enterprise Edition visions and explain and analyze the challenges of Abiquo Enterprise Edition.
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Guard Hardware virtualization engagements and look for lots of ideas.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Bluemix? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Bluemix moving forward?
IBM cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Chart IBM cloud computing tactics and remodel and develop an effective IBM cloud computing strategy.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Bluemix products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What vendors make products that address the Bluemix needs?
Inktank Storage Critical Criteria:
Merge Inktank Storage visions and catalog what business benefits will Inktank Storage goals deliver if achieved.
– How to deal with Bluemix Changes?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Microsoft Azure results and probe the present value of growth of Microsoft Azure.
– Is the Bluemix organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How do we manage Bluemix Knowledge Management (KM)?
Comparison of structured storage software Critical Criteria:
Depict Comparison of structured storage software results and display thorough understanding of the Comparison of structured storage software process.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Bluemix leader?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Bluemix values?
Virtual appliance Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Virtual appliance governance and triple focus on important concepts of Virtual appliance relationship management.
Engine Yard Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Engine Yard projects and describe which business rules are needed as Engine Yard interface.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Bluemix services/products?
– Does Bluemix analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Bluemix Management?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Software developer goals and ask questions.
– For your Bluemix project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Bluemix with what users do day-to-day?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Bluemix project manager?
Cloud database Critical Criteria:
Model after Cloud database decisions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How would one define Bluemix leadership?
EXo Platform Critical Criteria:
Communicate about EXo Platform planning and plan concise EXo Platform education.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Bluemix strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are internal and external Bluemix relations?
HP Cloud Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate HP Cloud adoptions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive HP Cloud projects.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Bluemix strengthening and reform actually originate?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Bluemix Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Bluemix External links:
Social Transformation Powered by IBM Bluemix – SocioLadder
Zoho Corporation External links:
Zoho Corporation – Austin, TX – Alignable
Cloud computing security External links:
Cloud Computing Security – Google Cloud
Distributed file system for cloud External links:
Distributed file system for cloud – wireless-toolkit.com
Distributed file system for cloud – Revolvy
https://broom02.revolvy.com/topic/Distributed file system for cloud
Computer network External links:
How to find my computer network name – Mil Incorporated
Technical Support | Computer Repair | Computer Network
Remote services, computer network, PC Health Check – …
Serverless computing External links:
What is Serverless Computing? – Quora
Serverless Computing | Microsoft Azure
SAP Cloud Platform External links:
SAP Cloud Platform Essentials (Update Q3/2017) | openSAP
Overview | SAP Cloud Platform
An Introduction to the SAP Cloud Platform – YouTube
Microsoft Online Services External links:
Microsoft Online Services Customer Portal
Microsoft Online Services Advisor – partner.microsoft.com
Microsoft Online Services
Amazon Lambda External links:
Go & Amazon Lambda – Serif & Semaphore
Amazon Lambda script shows timeouts | Cisco Communities
Amazon Lambda Demo & Tutorial – YouTube
Platform as a service External links:
Cloud Application Development Platform as a Service …
Cloud Migration Platform as a Service | SaaS Platform
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Rackspace Cloud External links:
PubCon Exhibitor : Rackspace Cloud – Pubcon
Rackspace Cloud Images API v2.0 – Rackspace Developer …
Rackspace Cloud | Easy Install & Configure
FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 External links:
Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 – YouTube
Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 – YouTube
Oracle Cloud Platform External links:
Oracle Cloud Platform 事例動画：システムサポート様 – …
Oracle Cloud Platform for Your Business – YouTube
[PDF]Redefining What’s Possible with Oracle Cloud Platform
Virtual Machine Manager External links:
System Center: Virtual Machine Manager Engineering Blog
Virtual Machine Manager Documentation | Microsoft Docs
Virtual Machine Manager – technet.microsoft.com
Data center External links:
Defense Manpower Data Center – PSA Division
Aeronautical Data, National Flight Data Center (NFDC)
BOEM Data Center
Cloud Foundry External links:
Cloud Foundry (eBook, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
Cloud Foundry Summit – Cloud Foundry
Pivotal Cloud Foundry – Official Site
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides External links:
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides – Adelphi University
VMware vCloud Air External links:
VMware vCloud Air – User Management
An Introduction to VMware vCloud Air – YouTube
VMware vCloud Air
Virtual private cloud External links:
Private Cloud Hosting with CloudConnect Virtual Private Cloud
Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) | Google Cloud Platform
Virtual Network – Virtual Private Cloud | Microsoft Azure
HPE Helion External links:
Login – HPE Helion OpenStack
Demo Install HPE Helion Eucalyptus – YouTube
HPE Helion Stackato Documentation — HPE Helion …
Web API External links:
Goodbye Web API: Your Guide to ASP.NET Core Web API
New Year 2018 Countdown Timer Web API
ASP.NET Web API | The ASP.NET Site
Apache CloudStack External links:
Apache CloudStack (@CloudStack) | Twitter
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | DevOps
Infrastructure as a service External links:
What is IaaS? Infrastructure as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Bluemix External links:
Social Transformation Powered by IBM Bluemix – SocioLadder
Software as a service External links:
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Freight Forwarding Software as a Service – Logitude World
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
Google Cloud Platform External links:
Cloud9 for Google Cloud Platform · Cloud9
Google Cloud Platform – Google Developers Console
Architecting with Google Cloud Platform | Coursera
EMC Atmos External links:
EMC Atmos Reviews in 2018 | IT Central Station
Google App Engine External links:
Google App Engine Documentation – Google Cloud Platform
Abiquo Enterprise Edition External links:
Abiquo Enterprise Edition – WOW.com
Abiquo Enterprise Edition – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Abiquo Enterprise Edition
Inktank Storage External links:
Microsoft Azure External links:
Microsoft Azure Essentials | Azure training – cloud services
Home – Microsoft Azure Pass
Virtual appliance External links:
Cisco Content Security Management Virtual Appliance …
Virtual Appliance – Netwrix
Virtual Appliances – FREE download Virtual Appliances
Engine Yard External links:
Thomas meets Theo and Lexi at the experimental engine yard
Engine Yard: Log In or Sign Up
Engine Yard (@engineyard) | Twitter
Software developer External links:
Job Posting: Software Developer – DiscoverLink e-learning
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Software Developer | Internal Revenue Service
Cloud database External links:
SQL Database – Cloud Database as a Service | Microsoft Azure
MongoDB Cloud Database Solutions | MongoDB
EXo Platform External links:
eXo Platform Editions and Pricing
About eXo: Company overview and Goals | eXo Platform
eXo Platform Documentation
HP Cloud External links:
hp cloud drive – staples.com